Potentially the longest thread in history...

But..but.. I never did any exercise last time, and lost easily just by eating less.

Physics says eating less calories than your burn should make you lose calories. But, I will probably try do a little exercise anyway, as much as I cant be bothered with it I know it can only help.
As you get older and you get bigger your metabolism slows down. You need to exercise to increase your metabolism so your body naturally burns the calories away. Fat doesn't go away by itself either. I'm kind of in the same boat as I'm trying to flatten my stomach out again but eating less certainly isn't doing it. What's worse is I have been working out the past couple of months too. Not getting the same results as I was a teen :p
Turns out getting big while living at my friends house did more to me than just make me look fat.

Re: Today I have...

Sony needs to take a look at one thing mentioned in the article. M$ wants this to be a "low powered" system, in terms of power draw. They even want it to have the ability to work and do things, but at a low powered state as well. I remember seeing somewhere that plans are for the console to not use over 100w when being used for most everything.

The reason the PS3 sucks is due to media support, yea it's got a lot, but, I have had numerous issues with it dropping data streams, or not reading the encoded files properly. Don't say it is an issue with the file, as EVERYTHING else can read that file perfectly fine, but the PS3 just screws up. Plus, the fact some games force updates before it will play... blah.

I hate hate hate the new dashboard.... hell it's too bright and hurts my eyes so much they should have had a dark UI.

I rarely use it but I don't really dislike the 360 dash. It's more attractive than the PS3s XMB, though not as functional.

If Sony try and go for a low powered system they are shooting themselves in the foot. They might think people care, but they don't, not really. Very few people are going to not buy a console just because it uses 450w or even 500w. Don't advertise it and a lot of people won't even know.

They should give the OS 1GB of dedicated ram, 8gb for games, a GTX 670, and then an updated and much improved cell processor. By 2014 that will be pretty cheap and with optimized games made for just gtx670 it could pump out some impressive looking titles.
But they will probably go with AMD :( It's not too bad, the current architecture isn't all that bad really, it's just not quite up to Kepler standards.

I would like an always on console though. Either make whatever processor they are going to use have a very low power mode so it needs no active cooling, or bung a cheap crappy ARM Cortex A8 in there or something, just something strong enough to start remote downloads and stuff while you are away from the console but can still control it from your phone or something.

I agree, Kman. If the devs weren't so damn lazy, the PS3 would have a good chance of being on top right now. While I'm not really a console gamer, I don't mind picking up the DS3 occasionally, especially for PS3 exclusives.

Well, the next gen Xbox has that beat, I find this "blue print" to be rather interesting though, 4Gb of RAM... :3
Looks like it will have 3 different actual processors, one set for backwards compatability for games. Another one for new generation gaming, then an ARM like processor for the "always on", which they are advertising as "green". LMFAO
If anyone wants me to, PM me...
xbox720build.jpg

I don't know about the states, but the PS3 over here was always going to struggle the second M$ released the 360. They advertised it like crazy, it was in the news loads due to the extreme shortage, which meant the second anyone saw one that was even remotely interested they bought one. So you had all these 10 to 16 year olds being bought them for Christmas and birthdays, because they were the cool thing to have which were hard to get hold of, and the PS3 still wasn't out so what else were people going to choose ?

So then the PS3 was released, the next Christmas came around, and you've got several million early teenagers like myself at the time thinking whether to get the PS3 or 360. Thing is, you already knew people with a 360, so everyone got the console there friends have. And there is your vicious cycle, the more people that have a 360, the more people that are going to choose it over a PS3. The only people the PS3 was selling to is people my age now and older, who had money, and whos friends had money, and could either afford both or had the money to get a PS3 and knew there friends would get one too.

PS3 unfortunately never really stood a chance over here in terms of sales. People like Sony, but not many people have enough brand loyalty too them to just ignore the 360 for a year and wait for PS3, people wern't that patient and wanted what was at the time 'next gen', and they wanted it then.

Sad truth is a lot of PS3 sales were also from AV enthusiasts who wanted a great BluRay player for cheap - this was at a time when a good bluray player would set you back $1000.

edit:

I've seen that slide, but I just realized something. 8x 360 power and yet only 120w ? Lolwut ? they be dreaming. I don't see that being possible at the moment. 200w, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom