My XenServer's Kernel is Panicking

SilkSnake

Beta member
I am trying to boot up a XenServer OS with VMWare Workstation (v12). For about 2 seconds I'll get a citrix intro screen and then it will instantly switch to a console text view.

The last line I get is "Kernel Panic - not syncing: Fatal Exception in interrupt" and then "BAM!" a bootloop. The whole process starts over and does it by itself. What do I do?
i54UJGn.png

Last edited:
I do not have a backup. This is the error I get when I try to install from a .vmx file that I got from the Citrix website.

When you say redeploy, do you mean creating a new virtual machine? Would that have the same effect as a redeploy?

Correct, recreate the VM.

So are you trying to deploy this from an OVF / OVA file or just copying the vmx file and adding to your inventory?

I was able to get where I needed.
The issue I was having was that when I set up my VM in VMworkstation, I didn't set the correct "Guest operating system". I was using the default value (which I think is windows). I should have been using linux.

----- edit -----
My challenge now is getting to the Citrix logon screen. I don't know to do from here. I have _the_ NetScaler setup. I'm able to view it in xencenter. I also have Citrix StoreFront setup on a windows2012 server VM.
I guess I will have to create a new topic for this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom