NAV Quarantine Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

desrev1

Beta member
People,

On my PC at work (& also on my machine at home), I have been flooded of late with the Swen Mass Mailer virus. NAV catches every single one; & I've never been infected...but I was wondering:

Once the virus has been quarantined, is it then safe to delete the carrier e-mail from my E-Mail Client's (Outlook Express) Inbox?

And more importantly, of the virus's that are quarantined by NAV, is it safe to delete those (from quarantine)? (i.e., once they're in quarantine, have they been neutralized?)

I ask because I do not recall seeing any type of indication that either the quarantined virus's or the carrier e-mails were repaired or non lethal or whatever; & was worried that if I delete either, I would then be unleashing the virus's onto my system.

Thanks very much,

DesRev1

IMO, I never quarantine.... I always just DELETE any virus or any email that has a virus.

But, to answer your question, I believe it "SHOULD" be okay to open and/or delete in your email client. If NAV fixed or neutralized the virus... it should not be a threat.

anyone else have a thought?

To answer your question .. Yes u can open/delete the carrier email .. n' have no trouble

N' as for quarantine ... the option exists for a reason .. If there's a file which norton could not repair at that time .. such files are quarantined so that u can try repairing such files at a later point in time when norton would have more virus definitions n' could possibly be able to repair it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom