What are some good firewalls for a SOHO?

Milt2016

Baseband Member
Do you guys have any good ideas? If I were to be foolish enough to click a link that someone sent me, what would be a good firewall to use? Hardware or software, I am looking for some good ones that people or other techs have used personally for references.

Honestly no amount of firewalls or security software will help against common sense.

Do you guys have any good ideas? If I were to be foolish enough to click a link that someone sent me, what would be a good firewall to use? Hardware or software, I am looking for some good ones that people or other techs have used personally for references.

There's not a whole lot that you can do about people clicking on suspicious links or running an executable attached to an email. Social engineering remains the most successful attack type, by far, and no amount of software or hardware will offset human naivety. Much of the time we're forced just to have good backup and disaster recovery practices.

With that being said, every business needs security software, but the typical SOHO doesn't really need a hardware firewall. If all you need is internet access then you don't need all the features that come with a dedicated security appliance.

Back
Top Bottom