Best one?

^ PC World (where the article is from) is pretty heavily sponsored by Norton and them....so I'd take any AV "reviews" with a grain of salt. Look to non-bias AV comparison sites (such as AV-Comparatives) for reviews. If you look at the bottom of the article you posted at the Independent Tests section...you'll see it did pretty well.

Chrome with the following extensions: uBlock Origin (ad-blocker), Privacy Badger (from EFF), and FlashControl to block Flash.

That coupled with safe browsing habits (watching what I click, etc.), and not installing software that has crapware bundled with it that install a bunch of extensions.

If you're having malware issues, I'd suggest starting a new thread so that this thread isn't hijacked, and I can help you more in that thread.

I personally use Webroot Antivirus, which rated on AV-Comparatives as one of the highest last time they tested. They haven't changed the interface since then, so it's still fast as all get out and catches most. I use MBAM as a second alternative. They compliment each other quite well and Webroot does not interfere with any other AV's operations. That said, I also get Webroot for free but it's less expensive than most.

Back
Top Bottom