BREXIT - WHAT WOULD YOU VOTE?

Brexit- Will you vote Leave or Remain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Leave.

If people watch videos like this and still vote remain, I dont know what to say to them.

His argument boils down to "france & italy are never going to be able to get out of debt, and you can trust me because I made a correct prediction in the past about something else"
If that's the kind of thing that convinces you, then I don't know what to say to you either :p

This kind of fallacy is called an appeal to authority, and if you'd like to go that route, here's Marco Buti (only a Senior Economist at OPEC and Director-General at DG ECFIN) saying the exact opposite on Italy's part: http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/publications/eeip/pdf/ip018_en.pdf

I think Remain will win anyway. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because it's the safe vote. Even if I were voting Leave I'd still think the overall vote will come out far in favour of Remain.

Perhaps that's just because basically everyone I know is voting Remain (due to circumstances of education and friendship groups). I'm guessing for you guys, most people you know are voting Leave?

His argument boils down to "france & italy are never going to be able to get out of debt, and you can trust me because I made a correct prediction in the past about something else"
If that's the kind of thing that convinces you, then I don't know what to say to you either :p

This kind of fallacy is called an appeal to authority, and if you'd like to go that route, here's Marco Buti (only a Senior Economist at OPEC and Director-General at DG ECFIN) saying the exact opposite on Italy's part: http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/publications/eeip/pdf/ip018_en.pdf

Yeah, theres absolutely no bias in a report published by the EU Commision... the EU Commision did not predict the financial crisis. This guy and several others did, and they predict very bad things for EU member states and the euro. The euro has already caused huge problems for countries like Spain, where youth unemployment reaches 50%. The EU have a terrible track record for making good financial decisions.

I've put hundreds of hours into researching for Brexit, and I came into it pro EU. I came out of it pro leave. Let me know when you've done the same. I am by no means basing my decision on this singular video, it is just one of many, many sources of information I have used over the past few months.

I think Remain will win anyway. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because it's the safe vote. Even if I were voting Leave I'd still think the overall vote will come out far in favour of Remain.

Perhaps that's just because basically everyone I know is voting Remain (due to circumstances of education and friendship groups). I'm guessing for you guys, most people you know are voting Leave?

I think remain will win too. But I don't see how remain is a safe vote. I'm sick of hearing that. I dont see how it's safe remaining the EU with the liklihood of failure of the Euro, future bailouts, new poor member states, and an elitest anti-democratic body pushing for a United States of Europe. You are essentially voteing to stay in something akin to the way the US Government governs it's states, except you can't vote them in or out. That's not safe to me.

Last edited:
I think remain will win too. But I don't see how remain is a safe vote. I'm sick of hearing that.
Oh, I agree it isn't necessarily the safe vote, just that a lot of people fallaciously see a lack of change as safer than change.

I am in principle very much in favour of a United States of Europe (with the caveat that I have not yet done much research into the benefits or pitfalls) or equivalent thereof, but definitely not under the current EU establishment, and not in a form that mirrors the USA.

Last edited:
Oh, I agree it isn't necessarily the safe vote, just that a lot of people fallaciously see a lack of change as safer than change.

I am in principle very much in favour of a United States of Europe (with the caveat that I have not yet done much research into the benefits or pitfalls) or equivalent thereof, but definitely not under the current EU establishment.

I guess I should rephrase.

I don't have an issue with a United States of Europe either, not if it was established correctly. If I could directly vote someone as president of the EU who just like a normal President, Chancellor or PM had the ultimate say in affairs, I would be happier with it. But the current EU is far removed from that. You vote for an MEP, who then makes a decision on your behalf, and they simply get to say yes or no to a nominee put forwards by the EU Council. There are a whole raft of other changes i'd like to see too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom