BREXIT - WHAT WOULD YOU VOTE?

Brexit- Will you vote Leave or Remain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm still curious as to why Reddit is so hugely pro remain. I mean, I expect the majority to be due to the age group of reddit. But you'd still expect 20% or so to be pro leave. But, I struggle to find a single pro leave comment at all.

What I have noticed though, is that many of them really don't understand why people would want to vote leave. There seems to be a complete disregard for sovereignty, democracy, and some of the economic benefits. There is never any acknowledgement about the failing euro, financial crisis of Italian banks etc.

I'm not saying they will, but IF Italies banks and the euro failed, the UK would be hit far harder than Brexit ever will.

Better yet, move them to the EU :cool:

A lot of country's don't have a Democratic way of life like the U.K and quite frankly they don't have an understanding. Most people who Voted remain what it involves, leaving the E.U and what we will gain. Such as out Sovereignty for starters. At one point the actual E.U tried to force the Euro on us and our Government said they weren't having it. All the U.K under the E.U has done is give up more and more of its rites.

The reason France is so huffed is because the U.K is a very strong country with a strong mind set of its People and France is simply huffed because they won't be having our pound no more. At least thats what I believe to a certain extent.

Remain as just crying because they lost, and want to keep petitioning for referendums until they win, that is not democracy ! accept you lost AND work with what you got now!

the petition is pointless and can not be agreed as you simply cannot make the petition half way through the referendum that it needs to meet 75%+ turn out with 60% win... lol

plus just because you lost doesnt mean you can get another referendum or Leave could just make a petition until we win...

UK will be fine, it will be challenging but only weak people cannot adapt to change, lazy remain people.. and based on the remain mindset I wouldnt hire a single one in my company! a slight change and that be bitching all the way home.

I totally agree with this. Their is or was when I heard it on the News apparently 2.4 Million People who were sighing the petition who wanted another referendum Vote. The average mind set of the average voter doesn't understand or didn't understand what they were Voting for as all I can gather from talking to people is we want Cameron out. If thats your mind set then you shouldn't be Voting as simply put and politely put you know sweet Fa.

I'm still curious as to why Reddit is so hugely pro remain. I mean, I expect the majority to be due to the age group of reddit. But you'd still expect 20% or so to be pro leave. But, I struggle to find a single pro leave comment at all.

Reddit (at least front page reddit) likes to be very PC. Like it or not, there are a lot of vocal leave supporters whose arguments are often racist/bigoted. Also, by dint of being an online community, they're more easily exposed to fact-checking on politicians' statements (like the "350 million pounds a week" lie). When you drive a giant bus around the country with an easily verifiable lie printed on it as one of your main points...do I need to say more? :p

Reddit (at least front page reddit) likes to be very PC. Like it or not, there are a lot of vocal leave supporters whose arguments are often racist/bigoted. Also, by dint of being an online community, they're more easily exposed to fact-checking on politicians' statements (like the "350 million pounds a week" lie). When you drive a giant bus around the country with an easily verifiable lie printed on it as one of your main points...do I need to say more? :p

Actually the statement on the side of the bus is correct. It's just deceptive.

We do send £350m a week to the EU, which is all they state on the bus. The deceptive part is that we get 80% of that back, however, we don't get it back in a form of raw cash where we can decide how it's spent.

If they had just been truthful about it all, it would still have been a decent point. "We send £350m every week, 80% of that comes back to different areas of our economy and country dictated by the EU, we totally lose control of how to spend £350m".

I hate the racist stuff as it stains the name of the 95% of leave voters who arn't racist. But on the other hand, I hate the hippie loving remainers who want to hold hands and make daisy chains with Syrian immigrants and open our borders up to Turkey, both of which are huge security threats and should be treated as so. I mean, I love Turkey. I went abroad there last year and it was the best holiday i've ever had, the culture, the country, the people, they're all great - but there is no getting around the fact they share their borders with Syria and Iraq.

Also lets not pretend remain didn't tell any lies. Far from it. They lied just as much as the leave campaign. Both campaigns were pretty shocking.

Last edited:
Also lets not pretend remain didn't tell any lies. Far from it. They lied just as much as the leave campaign. Both campaigns were pretty shocking.
And that's the truth. It was a massive ****show from both sides.

And that's the truth. It was a massive ****show from both sides.

Yeah. As awful as it was, the reasons are fairly obvious:

1) The stakes are absolutely huge, so there's a huge pressure to win, which is always going to make people say things they shouldn't.

2) There are no real case studies for our situation. Remain can't prove that leaving won't be beneficial in 10, 20, 30 years time, but leave can't prove it either. Remain had the easier job in terms of not having to lie, because we have been in the EU for X amount of years and so it's easier to point at the effects it's had. But with the EU and world changing so rapidly, to extrapolate that information into what it might mean for the future though, is very difficult.

So the best each side could do was point to small things they do know, or atleast could present a front of knowledge to the public making it look like they know. But all they've really been able to do is the equivalent of extracting a few bricks out of empire state building and proclaiming they now know how it's built. The economy, immigration, sovereignty, democracy etc are all so hugely complicated even on an individual level, linking them all together and trying to work it out is pretty much beyond anybody. All you can do is make a best guess and try and inform yourself on it as much as possible.

What's up with all the racism and people wanting the immigrants to leave?
I've been seeing some messed up videos lately.
Is this part of the movement of having UK by itself and have no one look or be different?

Is this part of the movement of having UK by itself and have no one look or be different?

Vocal minority i'm afraid. A very small minority.

This whole accusation is absurd because it acts like the Leave campaign is the cause. No, these racist people existed long before any Brexit referendum as was the whole "kick immigrants out they take our jobs" stance, that has been around for atleast a decade.

All that's happened is Vote Leave winning has for some reason made those people decide to shout it from the rooftops because they suddenly think it's acceptable. The problem is remainers are posting **** all over Twitter and Facebook making out that suddenly the leave campaign has created a load of xenophobic racists. It's wrong, and it's prejudice. They're as bad as the people they're falsely incriminating.

And Yami, why are you liking nonsense like this:

"Leave campaign have now backtracked on nearly every promise they ever made, so we've effectively just voted for recession, racist attacks, and fear. Good job."

It's absolutely NOT what 95% of people voted for.

1) Fear ? really ? that's the complete opposite of the leave campaign. People voted leave because they thought it was best for their future, they were pro Britain and optimistic. The only "fear" is coming from people crying over temporary and insignificant changes to the stock market like it's the end of the world.

2) Recession ? really ? The FTSE 100 is trading at the same as it was back in both May and March, and higher than it was in the first half of June. Lets compare this to an actual recession like 2008 where it dropped 50%. The FTSE 250 also is still higher than it's 2016 low ! This is NOTHING more than temporary market volatility that happens all the time, several times a year, except normally average people are paying no attention to it.

3)Racist attacks.. see above.

Last edited:

Sorry, didnt know this didnt happen before? lol

People are now only posting it more! get over yourself!

EU are a bunch of racists! and very outright racist, are you forgetting the germans attacking the immigrants when they arrived? and immigrants attacking germans..

Graphic ‘immigrants attack in Germany' video being shared on social media isn't what it actually is… » The Right Scoop -

German refugee shelter torched in 'anti-immigrant' attack - Telegraph

DO NOT DARE ACT LIKE THIS IS NEW.. humans will always judge and insult others its human nature.

Im a mixed of black white and asian so I look forward to your reply ..

UPDATED: plus my wife is half chinese and white and alot of her chinese family is muslim and they fully well know I hate all religion lool
:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom