Folding on GeForce 8800 Gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molsen1

Solid State Member
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I have just recently started folding again and am using my GPU to do my folding. My video card is a Evga Geforce 8800 GTS SSC, and when i'm folding i'm running at around 100 degrees Celsius. I'm worried that this is getting too hot for the GPU to be constantly running that high but I don't know if that's normal for that card.
Any input on this would be great, my case has pretty decent airflow, with I believe 4 120mm fans, 2 blowing in and 2 blowing out, but maybe I'm not getting the air to the right places.

Yeah. I use EVGA Precision to keep my fan running at 60-65% at all time while Folding.

I have a 8800GTS sitting under my desk. Last time I tried to put it in my machine to also Fold my computer didn't like it. I may hae to drag it back out and try again...

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try when I get back to my room. I've been happy with folding with it so far. I mean I have nothing to compare it too but it folds a lot faster than my dual core CPU. I've gotten I think 5 WU's done today which I'm pretty happy with.

Yha, gpus fold smaller units than the cpu.

If you go and overclock, just the shaders matter... a small core and mem bump with a big shgader hike can boost your numbers really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom