Getting back into the fray.

Still need a fan for the CPU, I wasn't going to run it unless I was 100% sure the temps would be okay. Even then I was wary.

So I got GPU working. Pulling around 12600ppd right now.

Interestingly enough, it may have been SMP that was failing. Not sure why, may have to look at my overclock, maybe it's unstable for some reason. Either way, I need a new 120mm fan before I start using smp, so just GPU for now.

I've noticed the client definitely isn't optimized for folding on this card yet. TDP is only reaching 78% max, so it's not doing it's auto-boost thing too much. Which I'm fine with personally, gives me a slight bit of leeway.

Last edited:
Even with an optimized program the 660 wont even be as fast as say a 570 or 580 folding. The GPGPU power is really cut in Kepler. They reserved the GK110 chips that they had a very low quantity of for a small amount of Tesla cards which have all the horsepower. Just wait, GTX780 is for real coming next year based on GK110 since they have a stock pile finally. Should have very good GPGPU power compared to the 600 series. Even still, I reckon a 590 folding will still be faster than a 780 because of the Kepler cut down shader technique.

Eh, I'll be happy with whatever I'll pull right now. My ppd bumped up to around 14700 already, looks like it somehow figured out how to use slightly more of my TDP lol. No other problems so far.

When you tossed on both smp and gpu, did your dsktop lag out?

I tried v7 on my 950 with 560ti, and it wasnt so happy....

got decent pp, 40k ish but system became not really usable.

I haven't attempted to run SMP again yet since I don't have a 120mm fan replacement for the heatsink (will be picking up one soon), not to mention I think I need to revisit my overclock and mess with it. It's on a very basic 400mhz boost right now, but I think the voltage may be a bit too low. Shows you how often I stress my computer, heh.

Back
Top Bottom