Goodbye iOS 6.......please?

Lets just hope that iOS 7 brings something fresh to the iPhone. Although I have a feeling that my iPhone 4 might not be able to fully utilize it all!

The iPhone 4 can't even fully utilize iOS 6; I'd be very surprised if the iPhone 4 saw even a stripped down iOS 7.

That's a valid point. Although seen as the iPhone 3GS is still supported by iOS 6, I'm assuming that the iPhone 4 will have iOS 7 (or at least a stripped down version) as its last big update.

That's a valid point. Although seen as the iPhone 3GS is still supported by iOS 6, I'm assuming that the iPhone 4 will have iOS 7 (or at least a stripped down version) as its last big update.

Yes but keep in mind the 4S and the 5 are equipped with dual-core chips, whereas the iPhone 4 has the single core A4. This is the biggest reason I believe the iPhone 4 will not see iOS 7. The chip is so limited that iOS 6 had to be stripped down. I think of it as the RAM issue between the 2nd Gen iPod touch and the 3rd. The 3rd had twice the RAM that the 2nd Gen had, and the 2nd gen never saw multitasking when it received iOS 4, something everyone who uses iDevices is by now familiar with. And I think we can all agree multitasking was the huge boast of iOS 4; without it why would users of older devices upgrade? Also, it made devices like the 2nd gen so slow and unresponsive people wanted to downgrade. My theory is that even if the 4 received iOS 7, it would be missing a key feature that would make upgrading to 7 next to pointless. As if lack of Siri and overall worse performance were the reasons for devices like the 4 to keep iOS 5; which they are.

Back
Top Bottom