Jfen you're going down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooooooooooooooo! Lol, nice work my friend. Nah, my big folding days are numbered, the kids are getting older and $$$ needs to be saved for a bigger house so the family can grow. Alas that means my computer-OCing-folding-building budget is greatly choped....as is my free time :(

Anyways, good work, keep it up, I'll keep on folding here when I can. Maybe in another year or so I'll be up for a big upgrade.

I hear ya there man. My folding days are few and far between myself. With the prospect of buying a house and everything else going on I really dont have much time for anything anymore. Kid starting school, work picking up, family life taking over free time. Everything adds up in a major way.

But family comes first. It is understandable that people have to make the right choices for their family and do away with some things. I wish you luck with all that fun stuff as I am going through it myself. It is such a charm trying to find a home that you like and that is in the right place along with being in the budget. 4 months and I am still no closer now than I was when I started.

I hear ya there man. My folding days are few and far between myself. With the prospect of buying a house and everything else going on I really dont have much time for anything anymore. Kid starting school, work picking up, family life taking over free time. Everything adds up in a major way.

But family comes first. It is understandable that people have to make the right choices for their family and do away with some things. I wish you luck with all that fun stuff as I am going through it myself. It is such a charm trying to find a home that you like and that is in the right place along with being in the budget. 4 months and I am still no closer now than I was when I started.

True that....although ironically we're in the opposite boat. We weren't really looking, thinking we wouldn't find anything in our current budget that met our requirements for land, privacy and oldness (yes, that's a word, my wife has this thing for old century homes). Anyways, we found a 23 acre lot and old Victorian home that was well under our price just out of the blue, it needs a lot of work (hence within our price) but it's work we can do over a bunch of years. So we've been scrambling to A) get all the ducks lined up to buy this place (a ton of complications) and B) get our current house ready to sell. Between that, working my 9 to 5, taking up a part time job teaching at the local college, taking care of the kidos, and volunteering at our church it's just been too busy to keep up with it all. Life gets busy!

Anyways, in either case I should be back to case modding next year if we move, this year if we don't. Modding I have all the stuff for already stocked in my garage and don't need to spend anything. However, my upgrading money will have to go into an ATV and chainsaw but hey, if anything is, those are acceptable alternatives to computers gear :D

Well either way it is still good to hear you are taking care of business.

I have reached the point where renting just doesnt make sense anymore with the family. I want to own my home now and spend the money from rent to mortgage and take care of things myself when they come up. Not have to contact someone about how and when we can get it taken care of. That bugs me to no end. I am much happier just doing it and getting it done than jumping through hoops.

I am still in the process of getting the ducks lined up myself. Calls to the bank are in order again tomorrow. Taking care of the kidos is always top priority. It is the reason why we both work 12+ hour shifts on the days we work and one of us is home to take care of the kid. We dont want to pay for daycare or someone else to raise our kid. That is our responsibility and we take it seriously. while it has put a strain on us, we do what we must knowing that in the end things will be better off.

Take all the time you need to do what you gotta man. We will still be here when you have the time. Just keep us updated when you can. We still think about you even if your not around. ;)

I would love to still fold. I probably could set it up. But being in Ubuntu now, the GPU Folding doesnt work. I have tried every thing I have found. Nothing has worked.

Folding via SMP I have setup, but the problem comes in where doing it for days straight takes a toll on my system. I find that doing SMP on here after about 5 days the system starts to act funny and I have to reboot and restart so much.

I've had two machines working with SMP + dual GPU folding on Debian in the past. It was a bit of a hasle to set up but ended up pretty reliable.

The SMP isnt the issue. The issue is the GPU. I have tried everything. From getting the CUDA package downloaded and installed to trying just the Terminal Client and so on. Even trying within Wine doesnt work. I cant figure it out and it seems no on is trying to get it working on Ubuntu 12.04 right now for me to find any reliable information on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom