PS4 Fill in the Blanks

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
There's a couple things we don't have concrete facts yet for the PS4. Anything I missed?

1) Remote Play Functionality - How does this voodoo work? My fear is that it is going to only work when the PS4 + Vita are on the same wifi network. Have they confirmed it'll work on different wifi networks?

2) How the Share button works and the tech specs for the videos - We know its the last 15 mins. But have we seen a demo of it? Is it the last 15 mins of gaming or can it be on the dashboard too? Is it 30 or 60 fps and what file format, etc. Does it upload to Twitch or to Youtube, etc.

60 doesn't really make much sense considering even compressed sizes are rather large for just 5 minutes of footage. I suppose it all comes down to what resolution they will record at. I just did a 5 minute 1080p video at 30fps and it was over 1GB raw.

LOL if the new consoles come out before Nvidia shadoplay

wow, its going to take M$ players a long time to upload videos...
(60fps)

LOL if the new consoles come out before Nvidia shadoplay

wow, its going to take M$ players a long time to upload videos...
(60fps)
That's what I was thinking. Even if they have an encoding program or something hardware based we're looking at around 1GB or so a piece for 5 minutes of 1080p 60fps. I'll record 5 minutes of 1080p 60fps myself, then encode it and see how long it takes to encode and how big the file is. For science.

Edit: Ok so the raw 5 minute video was 17.5GB and after a 5 minute session of Handbrake it's down to 730MB.

Last edited:
Two new ones have emerged:

Can games run at native 1080p at 60fps? - DICE confirmed BF4 on the PS4(and X1) will be running in 720p and upscaled to 1080p. I would like confirmation that its possible to do 1080p/60fps. I am suspecting that the PS4 can but since its a new gen that 3rd party devs didn't have a lot of hands on time in their development phase to get the most out of the new systems.

When the PS4 launches can we activate more than 2 consoles at a time for games? - Found out yesterday you can activate two systems at one time. Either 2 PS3s, 2 Vitas or 1 of each. Well, I currently have 1 of each so wonder if they will expand their policy to let the PS4 in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom