VPN Help

IntelFanboy417

In Runtime
Hey all!
I have absolutely no Mac experience, so pardon my incompetence. My friend needs to access a VPN Server of mine, so I thought oh that would be easy just send him the keys, and a .conf file and he'll be good to go!

Only I can't seem to find an OpenVPN Client Application for Mac. I've done lots of google searching, but I keep coming back to this "OpenVPN Access Server" clients. I'm aware that the "Access Server" requires a username and password, but I'm using the open source version of OpenVPN and I can't seem to find any clients that will work with Open Source (Not "Access Server")

The Open Source version uses a .ovpn file for the configuration, as well as a .crt and .key file to login. There is no option for a username and password based login. Has anyone with Mac experience ever gotten this to work?

I've always gotten my downloads from this page:
https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

However, there is no Mac download. Can someone please help me? I know OpenVPN is easy to get running on linux, so why is there no options for Mac?

All help would be greatly appreciated! :)

I work remotely for an email marketing company and they have us login to their internal network using Duo

I'm not sure if this has what you need or if it would be affordable for you, but I can see it's easy to use from the remote user's perspective and it most definitely works on our Macs. I don't any of us even have PCs.

Does that help at all?

//erica

Thank you Erica for your post!

I'll definitely look into that service, however I'm not a business I just plan to be using this for a friend so I may have to look elsewhere. But thanks again for your help.

Back
Top Bottom