Could PS4 pull ahead in the consoles war?

LOL Sega would still be in the console selling biz.... why wasnt there a turbografix 32?

Nah, sega spread themselves too thin with multiple consoles launches in a very short span of time and little to no support after a few months of launch.

They would have probably gone under regardless of the playstation.

Nah, sega spread themselves too thin with multiple consoles launches in a very short span of time and little to no support after a few months of launch.

They would have probably gone under regardless of the playstation.

you are probably right, but there was a brief moment where Sega was king of the consoles

you are probably right, but there was a brief moment where Sega was king of the consoles
It was, specially during the genesis era, but not in NA. It was very popular elsewhere.

They are the equivelant of pushing and prefering technology and graphics over gameplay.

Nintendo (the other major competitor at the time) was more gameplay focused. While they also pushed for technology upgrades, they never forgot about gameplay.

Sega had the more advanced consoles, but had limited games. The developers didn't want to make a game for a console, release it and realize that Sega moved on to another console already.

Last edited:
To address the OP, I'll keep it short and sweet.

Pre-DRM removal: I agree with you.

Post-DRM removal: Who cares whether or not there are TV features, you don't have to use them. If you purchase either system for gaming only, then do just that. You may get the occasional annoying ad on the dashboard, but just pop the disc in and play.

I think if Microsoft got rid of the mandatory kinect requirement the Xbox One would be in much better shape. The console would be a lot cheaper which would help sell more units, and people wouldn't be forced to buy into a gimmick that most games don't bother with anymore. A lot of people don't like the crap where you are required to keep the thing plugged into the console either. Why can't we just unplug the thing? I know Microsoft says you can disable it, but if it's truly disabled it shouldn't need to be connected.

Another thing that bothers me about the Xbox One is that it took an entire @#$%storm for Microsoft to realize that region locking, 24 hour check-ins, and no used games was a bad idea.

I think if Microsoft got rid of the mandatory kinect requirement the Xbox One would be in much better shape. The console would be a lot cheaper which would help sell more units, and people wouldn't be forced to buy into a gimmick that most games don't bother with anymore. A lot of people don't like the crap where you are required to keep the thing plugged into the console either. Why can't we just unplug the thing? I know Microsoft says you can disable it, but if it's truly disabled it shouldn't need to be connected.

Another thing that bothers me about the Xbox One is that it took an entire @#$%storm for Microsoft to realize that region locking, 24 hour check-ins, and no used games was a bad idea.
Although I agree, for all we know it could have been a ploy.

Does the ps4 have region lock?

It does not, nor does the PS3 or the Vita

I think its pretty safe to say that the Xbone without the Kinect will just be a fancier Xbox 360... they are at least trying to innovate. I dont think they are being totally honest with thier intentions for their platform.

The PS4 with its back to basic or at least less exoctic architecture and hopefully a more XBL on line experience should be a lot better than the PS3 now.

Back
Top Bottom